I have tried MANY pancake mixes from Pinterest to Bisquick and couldn’t find one that I liked until recently! They were either too dense or too thin, not sweet enough or too sweet….. BUT I finally tweaked a homemade recipe for what I believe is one of the BEST pancake recipes and it is super quick and easy!
I won’t ramble too much so let’s get into the ingredients!
You Will Need:
- 1 ½ Cups of Flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tsp of Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup Sugar (You can use ¼ cup if you like them a little less sweet)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup of Milk
- 3 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
(Yields 8-10 pancakes)
- In a medium or large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients: Flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Mix lightly.
- Melt butter and set aside for later
- Create a well in the center of the dry mixture. Whisk eggs and add to the center of the well.
- Then add milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the center of the well with egg and dry ingredients.
- Using a Whisk combine all of the ingredients, the batter may be slightly lumpy. Don’t overmix!
- Let the batter rest to activate the baking powder
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or pan to medium/high heat
- Using a ¼ cup scoop batter onto a hot griddle
- Cook each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown, flip when bubbles form around the sides and the top of the uncooked side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
The batter will be thick, that’s what makes them fluffy and delicious!
Freeze leftovers to heat up later or meal prep for the next day.
Add chocolate chips, blueberries or bananas to the batter to switch it up a little bit!